Saturday, November 28, 2009

BLOGS

During one of my speaking engagements where I encouraged my audience to start blogging. A lady raised her hand and asked, "Does anyone really read them?"

I do.

One has to be discerning, realizing that just because it is written doesn't mean it is necessarily true or 100% accurate. However, a lot of information can be gleaned from other people's experiences. Travel blogs, gardening blogs, cooking blogs, writing blogs, and many other how-to blogs are great tools. Devotion blogs and humor blogs are good for the soul. Then there are the ranting, political, blogs. I avoid them like the plague. But there are those who get energy from them.

This morning I read an email from a person named Shelia. She found this blog via a search engine and featured it in hers. Her blog is about gardening and since I use nature to describe different writing techniques, Daydreaming on Paper came up.

As a courtesy I would like my readers to check out her site: http://garden-planters.com/
They have some really great stuff.

Now, my question is this, do you read blogs? Do you have a blog? Looking forward to hearing from you.

1 comment:

TheDorothyFamily said...

Hi Linda, Yep, I have a blog but it's mostly for family and friends to keep up with our family. I started it pre-facebook so don't keep up with it as often as I used to. Just recently I started a personal blog, my version of journaling since I can write about 3 sentences and then you can't read my writing(carpel tunnel.) I am a "blog stalker" and can waste alot of time if I'm not careful. I've seen many blogs that have raised their needed adoption funds through blogs. I'm giving that serious consideration for "when" the time comes to go get Andika from Romania. I had a prophecy given that I would one day write a book so needless to say you're in my "favorites!"
:) Jan