Saturday, December 29, 2007

GOALS INSTEAD OF RESOLUTIONS FOR 2008!

In May of 2001, I listened to Henriette Anne Klauser speak about her book, Write It Down, Make It Happen, at the "Oklahoma Writer's Federation" conference.

In essence, she explained how writing down goals is the first step toward achieving them. I believe that. In fact, most of the things I wrote down have come to pass. One goal on my list was that I wanted to be published in Woman's World, another was that I wanted to be a public speaker. I've done both. I also wrote that I wanted to go to England. I've been in the wonderful land of the UK twice. Once in 2006 and I just returned from my second trip last fall of 2007.
Last year I wrote that I wanted to finish my novel and get an agent. Did that too!
I also wrote that I wanted to weigh 140 lbs.

Oh well, like I said, most have happened.

January 1st is a great time to write down goals instead of resolutions. Dream big. Write your goals down, and be faithful to do your part. Rarely are things handed to us on a silver platter.
The reason I've been published is because I wrote something and submitted it.

List at least 5 things. I'll do the same. In the comment section of this blog, let me know some of your goals for 2006. Mine are:
1. Finish and sell my nonfiction parenting book, "Now What Do I Do?"
2. Get a good start on my second novel, "Shifting Shadows."
3. Make enough money from my writing and speaking to support my craft.
4. Sell my novel, "In The Elephant's Shadow" and have a contract for "Shifting Shadows."
5. Write a travel column for a newspaper.

How about you? What are some of your goals for 2008? Let me know.
(my sneaky way of getting you to write them down!) Seriously, I'd like to know.

ALSO, I mentioned above the writer's conference in Oklahoma. This is seriously a great conference. This year the Conference is, "FANTASTIC FORTY, WRITER'S GLORY!
It is at the Reed Conference Center in Midweast City, Ok May 1-3, 2008

For more info, go to: http://www.owfi.org/

1 comment:

Ruth Hunter said...

My Goals
1. To believe God
2. Sell my old house
3. Get more exercise
4. Finish writing projects I have started like my novel, mailing off some articles that are done and to finish writing my non-fiction book. "The Black Bra Club".
5. Enjoy doing some artwork.

http://thehunterreport.blogspot.com
http://sagemediasite.com